The Regional Pharmacovigilance Centre of Bordeaux was created in 1974.
It undertakes, at the level of the Aquitaine region and the over-seas departments the following:
- Assessment of the adverse drug reactions reports, which after validation, will be stored in the national database
- Informs physicians and other health professionals about medicines, their risks, their use and proper use (hotline)
- Gives advice and counselling on medicines at the request of national health authorities (health ministry or general director of the Agence française de sécurité sanitaire des produits de santé, Afssaps), by implemented ad hoc studies
- Conducts research studies on methodology in pharmacovigilance, on the nature and mechanisms of adverse drug reactions
The Pharmacovigilance centre works within a network composed of 30 other French pharmacovigilance centres (Association of Pharmacovigilance Centres) and the Afssaps.
- Pharmacovigilance reporting
Report an adverse effect
- Special Reunion and Mayotte Islands (chikungunya)
In case of reaction or adverse effect with a repulsive, please fill-out and send the (french) cosmetovigilance form to cosmetovigilance unit of the Afssaps (Fax: +33 1 55 87 42 60)
Director of centre
Marie Heil, Pernelle Noize
Anne Bénard &
Betty Laborde & Catherine Mokri-Colomer
Clinical trial vigilance and security Unit